Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Guilty Conscience: BIG NEWS!

Hi folks,
I'm honored (or, should I say "honoured" since Luca is in England...) to have been asked to submit a story for Luca Veste's new collection of stories from some of the best crime and noir writers extant. We were all asked to create a short story based on a song. One of my favorite songs is Tom Waits' "Small Change." I even teach it in my writing classes. What makes this even better is that the proceeds will be going to a worthy charity. Check it out!

Guilty Conscience: BIG NEWS!: Hello! I have two announcements to make. One rather self-involved and another a lot more interesting. First off, the big news... . Gui...

6 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Great stuff! I'm doing Life On Mars!

Maegan Beaumont said...

Small Change by Tom Waits... that song IS a noir short story! Great choice :)

Susan Fields said...

Congrats on being asked to submit a story to that collection - I like the idea of writing the story based on a song.

Les Edgerton said...

Hey, Paul--it's great to rub shoulders with you in the same pub!

Thanks, Maegan--you're spot-on!

Thanks, Susan. It WAS a cool idea, wasn't i!

Unknown said...

If I was asked I'd choose "The End" by Pearl Jam or "Hazard" by Richard Marx.

But I wasn't asked.

Les Edgerton said...

JJ--yeah, but you were asked to contribute a story to Kindle All-Stars and I wasn't so we're even... :)

I like Hazard a lot!