Friday, September 23, 2022

JAPANESE VERSION OF HOOKED

 Hi folks,


Finally got my copy of the Japanese version of Hooked. They made a beautiful book!



Japanese publisher Film Art, Inc. is the publisher. Out of the blue one day, I got an email from a former agent of mine that they'd contacted him and wanted to purchase the Japanese rights to Hooked. He hadn't been my agent on it, so he got in touch with me and they made me a very generous offer of a $2,500 advance against royalties, which I happily took. It's rare for a book to sell foreign rights after it's been out 17 years, but Hooked has been mighty kind to me. I still get substantial royalties each year from Penguin who own the U.S. rights after Writer's Digest went bankrupt.

Film Art, Inc. came out with an initial run of 3,000 copies. Please tell all of your Japanese writer friends they can now buy it in their native language!


And, here's the original!

Blue skies,
Les



1 comment:

lovelanguagetest said...

Hooked. He hadn't been my agent on it, so he got in touch with me and they made me a very generous offer of a $2,500 love language quiz advance against royalties, which I happily took. It's rare for a book to sell foreign rights after it's been out 17 years, but Hooked has been mighty kind to me. I still get substantial royalties each year from Penguin who own the U.S. rights after