Friday, February 10, 2012

Interview with B.R. Stateham and library stuff

Hi folks,

I was asked to appear on a panel for the service day at our local Ft. Wayne downtown library and just got back. It was on ebooks and how librarians can help authors who publish ebooks. Great discussion and a great audience (all librarians). These people really like authors and want to do everything they can to help us.

Also, I was asked by Sean Casserley, the Manager of their Bibliographic and Information Technology Services to return in the next few days and record a 40-minute interview on writing, which will be shown on local TV and UTube. Kinda pumped about that. I really connected with Sean--he's a native New Zealander and has a half-brother who's a Maori. It's quite an honor as the Ft. Wayne library is nationally-acclaimed--they have what's considered the third-biggest resource on genealogy in the world, ranking just behind the Library of Congress and the Mormon library. We gets hundreds of thousands of visitors a year from all over just for the genealogical resources. Anyway, I'll let you know when it comes up on UTube.

And then , when I got home a few minutes ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see that B.R. Stateham--an author whose work I love--had just posted an interview on his blog that I did with him a couple of days ago. One of the best interviewers around, imo. Check it out at http://noirtaketurner-frank.blogspot.com/2012/02/interview-with-les-edgerton.html

And, it's still cold and wet and gray out... That object in the sky I saw yesterday that I was told was the sun, has vanished. I imagine it's gone to where the weather's better... Which would be about anywhere...

Blue skies,
Les

1 comment:

B.R. Stateham said...

Okay, best interviwer around, eh? Hmmm . . . alright; I'll put away the rubber hose and douse the Kleg Lights. Maybe even put up the water boarding materials.

But only for you, buddy. Only for you. (grinning)