Wednesday, May 4, 2016

STUFF'S HAPPENIN'!

Hi folks,

Lot of stuff going on! Just returned from Indy where I gave a workshop on Thelma & Louise and then had dinner with Joe Lansdale. And now, it’s gonna get busy up in here!

Me and Joe Lansdale in Indy.

On May 12, I fly to Austin, Texas where that night at 7 pm I get to take part in a Noir @ the Bar event, hosted by Scott Montgomery of Texas largest independent bookstore, Book People, at the Threadgill’s Bar on Riverside Drive. If you’re in the area, stop in and listen to me, Jesse Sublett, Con Lehane and Jordan Harper reading our stuff. For details, check here: http://www.bookpeople.com/event/noir-bar-feat-les-edgerton-jordan-harper-con-lehane-jesse-sublett


Scott Montgomery and Reavis Wortham at BookPeople


Then, as soon as we’re done, Scott is going to drive me over to San Antonio where I’ll be for the next week at the Writer’s Retreat Workshop (WRW) at the Oblate Retreat as a staffer. Bunch of really good folks appearing there, including Reavis Wortham, Tex Thompson, David Corbett, Michelle Johnson, Matthew Brock, Carol Dougherty, Jason Sitzes, Marjorie Brody, Carl Brush, Scott Montgomery, and Lisa Pirc.

 Marjorie Brody leading a morning session at WRW.

 Carol Dougherty in a one-on-one session with a participant at WRW.

 The Grotto at Oblate Renewal Center. Just a peaceful, gorgeous place... and the food is fantastic!

 Me and Reavis Wortham at MysteryPeople at BookPeople.

 Matt Brock leading a class at WRW.

 Me, doing my thing at WRW.

Some of the back row "bad boys" at WRW...

As it turns out, four more openings for participants for WRW just became available. If interested, just go to their webpage for complete info. If you can swing it, I think you’ll find it to be an experience truly transformative for your writing career. At http://www.writersretreatworkshop.com/index.html


Yesterday, I was honored to have my book BOMB! reviewed on the Booked Podcast. Check it out at:http://www.bookedpodcast.com/304-bomb/


And, a few days back, I had a ton of fun being interviewed by Tom Pitts on his podcast, Skid Row Chatter, on the Authors on the Air podcast. Check it out at:

That’s all, folks! Hope to see some of you at some of these events. And, I know it's short notice, but if you can make it to WRW I think you'll discover it to be a major turning point in your writing career.

Blue skies,
Les


No comments: