Sunday, May 13, 2018

GREAT REVIEW FOR MONDAY'S MEAL!


Hi folks,

I just received an email from a European writer I much admire, JJ Toner, and he wanted me to see the review he’d just written for Monday’s Meal for Amazon. Take a look.


Monday’s Meal review:

Click here


Extraordinary!
An extraordinary collection of stories by a master storyteller, each one a gem. What I particularly love about this wonderful book is the way each story is presented in a different narrative voice, each voice totally convincing and fully developed. For the most part, the narrators are observers, some closer to the action than others. It’s a marvellous storytelling technique. We have a child, a couple of prisoners, an accomplice to a crazy crime, a desperate starving mother, the client of a dancer, and one airhead young woman, to mention just a few. The stories in this collection reminded me strongly of the work of Flannery O’Connor – the same insights into life’s little tragedies, the same precision of presentation. I like to think that O’Connor’s work could be described as a string quartet. Edgerton’s is a brass band. A New Orleans jazz band, playing at full volume! Grab a copy. 5 Stars.

JJ Toner, Author, The Gingerbread Spy and others

This is easily one of the best reviews I’ve ever gotten. It means a lot when anyone gets what you’re trying to do with your writing and when that person is a fellow writer, it means even more. Fellow writers are just a tough room!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, JJ!

Blue skies,
Les



No comments: