Friday, January 3, 2014

DRAGON SOFTWARE AND BEATLES TUNES ON MUZAK...



Hi folks,

Ever get one of those weird thoughts or images that won’t leave your brain? Kind of like a Beatles’ song on Muzak played in an elevator? That enter your dreams late at night and you wake up screaming?

Well, for the past month or so, there’s a TV commercial that plays incessantly that’s driving me nuts! It’s the one for the Dragon software—that program that transcribes your voice into material on the page? Know it? Yeah…

Almost all of the folks giving hosannas give me the willies, but the “writer” person just makes me cringe. She’s billed as “Jenny the Writer.” You know--the one who claims she “writes fast” and the only thing that can keep up with her rapier-like mind is Dragon? Did you notice that the second she says she’s a “fast writer and thinker” that you can almost see the little light in the refrigerator of her mind go on and she consciously begins to speak even faster? She almost trips over the words at that point, but by God she’s going to show you just what a blazingly fast speaker/writer/thinker she is. I’m telling the truth here—as soon as she comes on, I’m running from the room screaming. Problem is, she does talk fast—I can’t outrun her voice.

And, what’s with that lame email she sends her friend about sending her mss off to her agent? Is this what Madison Avenue visualizes writers to be like?

I’m sure that in real life she’s probably a nice person. She does need to spend some of her royalties and get a better hairstylist, but that’s just being mean I guess…

I can’t help it. She just annoys the hell out of me…

What ads/commercials affect you adversely?

Blue skies,
Les

 My wife Mary watching me just after I jumped out the window after watching the Dragon commercial for the 40th time... in an hour...
The speed-writing writer is driving me to drink...


YESTERDAY... ALL MY PROBLEMS SEEM SO FARAWAY...

See??!! It's like that!

8 comments:

Dana King said...

Those Gerber college savings plan commercials. First, they're so old all of the kids shown are out of college, and the parents are dead. Second, the thoughtful look on the one mother's face when she learns it's also a life insurance plan. "Mmm, that's different." If I were that kid and Dad got laid off, I'd sleep with one eye open.

Les Edgerton said...

Great one, Dana! That's hilarious!

Sometimes, you just wonder who you have to know to get on that gravy train writing these things...

I swear they get their test audiences when Chuck E. Cheese closes for the day...

Anonymous said...

The tums commercial with the guy fighting a chicken and the crazy woman being slapped by a taco. I'd like to slap her too, because after she takes a tums, she dances with the damned taco!

Les Edgerton said...

Great one, JoAnn! These kinds of commercials make one wonder if the folks who write these think we're all at about the level of a third-grader who's mentally challenged. Perhaps they're only envisioning their own coworkers...

Unknown said...

very nice post

Clipping Solutions said...


Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic blog post.Much thanks again.
clipping path service

Car Image Editing service
Background Removal Service
Photo Editing Services




Unknown said...

Thank you guy you have published this awesome post with us.
clipping path
clipping path service

Md Enamul Hoq said...

Wonderful post and i admire your effective shared . Clipping Path | Remove White Background | Product Photo Editing