Friday, October 31, 2014

FAYETTEVILLE, NC PUBLIC LIBRARY... AND HALLOWEEN

Hi folks,

Well, in a few hours, I'm going to climb onto a plane and wing my way east to Fayetteville, NC. I'm really excited about this. I've been invited to speak at the Cumberland Public Library and they've promised me the best barbecue in the country! I'll also get to see a couple of my students and colleagues from my online novel-writing class--Mary Edelson and Jeff Meyer--can't wait!

And, almost as good, I get to skip Halloween. Just not my favorite holiday... But, I have prepared treats for the neighborhood kiddies. This year I've opted for triple shots of expresso and a brand-new puppy to give to each of the tykes. I will miss my favorite trick-or-treaters--these guys...


(Can't wait to see what the PC contingent has to say about this...)

See ya in the funny papers!

Blue skies,
Les

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hilarious. Let me know if you're anywhere near Bodymore (heheheh). We'll get a beer. Or two. Otherwise, I'll see ya next year in NC for the conference.
DB