Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!


Hi folks,


Another year gone! I’ve been reading lots of blogs and newsletters this week and it seems like everybody is running highlights and lowlights of the past year, so I figured I better get with the program. Without further ado, here’s my take on the past year.

Notable events
1. There were 365 days during the past year.
2. There were some good days and there were some bad days.

There you have it!

Forecast for 2011
1. Unless an unforeseen circumstance occurs, there will be 365 days during the coming year.
2. Some of those days will be good and some will be bad.

Just call me Nostradamus!

Hope everybody has a great year!

Blue skies,
Les

 And, the Giants won the World Series, which gives credence that the Mayan calendar is perhaps right on the money--the end is near!

And...
Notre Dame won a bowl game, which provides further proof that the end is near!

Both events made me a happy camper even knowing the Mayans maybe got it right.

 I'll be waiting...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Les! Ironically, last year for me was exactly 365 days long and some of the days were good and some of them were bad, too, just like you. Go figure!

Les Edgerton said...

Ohmygosh, Karen! Maybe we've uncovered one of those Universal Truths! Maybe we should write a book and go on Oprah? Wait... Oprah's not going to have a show any more... We're screwed...

Happy New Year!

Alice said...

You are to funny, and soooo practical. Thanks for the level head. Hoping you have more good days than bad.

Les Edgerton said...

Thanks, Alice. Actually, I had more medium-to-mediocre days last year than good or bad.

They all end the same way, though. With my wife whispering in my ear just before I drop off to Slumberland... "Go toward the light. Go toward the light..." I wonder what that means?