Monday, October 3, 2011

SHOUTOUT OF THE PERFECT CRIME FROM THE NOIR MASTER

Hi folks,

As I do every morning, I visited the master of noir and crime writing, Neil Anthony Smith's blog and received a truly nice surprise. He'd just given me a shoutout of one of my just-released novels, THE PERFECT CRIME! I'm totally jazzed! You can check it out at http://anthonyneilsmith.typepad.com/hermansgreasyspoon/2011/10/other-peoples-stuff.html

Thanks, Neil! You just made my day!

Blue skies,
Les

http://www.amazon.com/The-Perfect-Crime-ebook/dp/B005I654PM/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317664928&sr=1-8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I didn't realize A Perfect Crime was cunningly designed as a plan (leaving out the "tiny mistake,"...:)

Les Edgerton said...

Yeah. I wrote this a long time ago and it sold in auction to Random House and then Bertlesmann bought R.H. and some other things happened and it ended up getting dropped. When I wrote it, no one had ever done anything like the crime I "invented" but since then a few have, although they didn't put the details together as much as I had my guy do and... they got caught. I had a friend who did covert "guvmint" work who looked it over and said--very seriously--that it was, indeed, the perfect crime and that I'd have to leave something out. Which I did. For a price, I'll reveal it... (Kidding... sort of...)

This kind of thing can backfire on you. Once I was arrested at the Greyhound Bus Station and they went through my suitcase and found a novel I'd written about a kidnapping and the boys in blue were convinced it was a plan for a real 'napping. It got a bit hinky before I could convince them that it was just a novel... especially since I had a rap sheet... Real life is about as much fun as fiction if you're doing it right...