Monday, February 9, 2015

SORRY FOR BEING A BAD DATE LATELY...



Hi folks,

Sorry I haven’t been a good date lately! Meant to show up but life has interfered. Had a bit of a bout with health (fine, now!) and then I’ve been really busy working on a new website with Liam Sweeny and Indy Gregg and… it’s up! Please check it out at www.lesedgerton.net. We have a lot left to do, but the skeleton is in place. Would love to know what you think.

 Busy writing... looks like I'm daydreaming but we writers know different...


Am reading several books right now—Worm by one of my favorite writers, Neil Smith, Confessions of a Hit Man by another favorite writer, Richard Godwin, and a bunch of others. Was introduced to the work of William Kent Krueger by my writing colleague Mary Edelson and am going through all of his books—amazing writer! Hope to find time to write reviews of all of these folks in the next few weeks.

I’ve begun a new novel, as yet untitled, along the lines of The Rapist, where a guy goes into heaven and reports the “real deal”… which is a bit unlike the image provided by the Bible and other commentators… Writing a couple of others as I switch back and forth between files…
Working with my class and some truly amazing writers, a few who’ve finished their novels and are on to the next stage—going through the things we all need to do to get our books on store bookshelves.

Looks like I’m going to Bouchercon in North Carolina this year. My buddy, Jack Getze has just contacted me, begging, pleading, asking me to be his roommate again (he just never learns…), and I’m looking forward to it. A lot!

And, there’s the possibility that I’ll be presenting at some writers’ events in Texas plus a booksigning, and my REALLY BIG NEWS is that I get to be the keynote speaker at the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation Inc. annual event on May 1 and 2, and it’s one of the classiest events in the country. My writing colleague, Dawn Allen, graciously invited me and I couldn’t accept fast enough. Hope to see some of you folks there. Check it out at http://www.owfi.org/ The theme this year is Writing Zone: Craft from the Ground Up, and they have an amazing lineup of speakers/presenters. If you’re in town, please show up!


A couple of weeks after I return from Oklahoma, I'll be on my way south again, to be part of the faculty for the annual Writer's Retreat Workshop (WRW) in San Antonio from May 1-21. Check it out here http://www.writersretreatworkshop.com/





Some shots of a WRW when it was held in Kentucky. This is an experience you'll never forget!


That’s about it. My apologies for being absent so long and I hope that doesn’t happen again.

Blue skies,
Les

7 comments:

K. A. Laity said...

Glad I'll be seeing you at Bouchercon, Les. I think you owe me a drink 😉

Les Edgerton said...

Cool, Kate. I'll bring it with me... in an open glass. Hope it doesn't go flat... :) Can't wait to see you again!

Stacy said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Debra (Feldman) Getts said...

Your new website is great. And there's a reference in your blog post that hit home with me :) Wouldn't have gotten to where I am without your help and the class! Looking forward to more.

col2910 said...

Welcome back Les - you've been missed! I'm off to view the new site in a minute!

Anonymous said...

Love the website. It's as original as the original pure Edgerton

Les Edgerton said...

Thanks, folks! Your words warm the cockles of my widdle heart!